Onion Bhajiya(pakora) Recipe| Veg Pakoda Recipe
Today I will show you a very simple and famous snack recipe, it is one of my favourite breakfast recipes Pakoda. You can make them at home very easily . Onion Bhajiya (onion pakora) made very quickly. You can enjoy this with hot tea .
So let’s see how to make this onion Pakoda .We will enjoy this with green chutney or sauce.
You can add vegetables like potato, bottle gourd, capsicum in place of onion. For making mix vegetable pakoras you can add all of them.
- 1/2 cup gramflour/besan (100gms)
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 green chilly finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dry fenugreek leaves/methi
- pinch of garam masala
- 1 onion finely chopped
- Some fresh coriander
- Water as required
- Oil for frying
directions for bhajiya(pakora)
Firstly we will make onion bhajiya batter in a bowl.
- I am using besan/gram flour over here .This is approx 100 gms besan .
- Put little salt ,little haldi powder. It gives a nice color to the pakodas .
- Then add Little red chilly powder ,finely cut green chillies ,finely cut onions, fresh green coriander leaves/dhaniya.
- Mix them all well together with your hands.
- Put water little by little. Make a batter out of it by pouring little water.
- Make a thick consistency batter. It should not be too liquidy.
- The bhajiya batter is ready
- I have kept oil for heating by the side
- Now put the bhajiya mixture slowly in the oil
- Take small portions of it .You can make any shape of your choice . Normally it should be small rounds like these.
- Keep it frying. Stir it in between continuously So that they are evenly golden fry .
- Fry them on medium flame So that they are cooked well from inside as well .
- Now these are cooked enough.
- Do not make them too dark/golden brown.
- Remove them on a tissue paper. These bhajiyas look so crispy .
- In this way I will fry all the bhajiyas .Remove all of them on a tissue paper .Keep them aside.
You can enjoy these in this way as well With some chutney or ketchup. Onion Bhajiya and veg pakoras usually enjoyed in morning or evening. They served with hot tea/coffee and enjoyed in winters also. You will also enjoy by adding them into kadhi recipe and eat kadhi-pakora with rice.