Kadhi Pakora Recipe | How to make Besan Kadhi
Today I will show you a very simple and famous Kadhi recipe, it is one of my favourite recipes Punjabi Kadhi Pakoda. This can be made at home very easily .For this we will make salted kadhi first .Then we will put pakodas (bhajiyas) in it .You will enjoy this with hot rice .
So let’s see how to make this Kadhi Pakoda .
- 1 cup yogurt (100-150gms)
- 3-4 tbsp gramflour/besan
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Water as required
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2-3 whole dried red chillies
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds/methi
- 2 tsp garlic ginger grated/crushed
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder
- 2-3 slit green chillies
directions for kadhi
- Take 1 cup of curd in a bowl (around 150 gm)
- Whisk it well till it becomes smooth
- Next add gram flour/besan (approx 4 table spoon of besan)
- Whisk this well together.
- Mix it well with the curds ,add little salt, little haldi powder. Mix it well again.
- Now this thick mixture of curds is ready.
- Add little water in it. Keep on mixing it .Now this basic mixture is being prepared for kadhi. Mix it well .
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add dried red chillies. Fry it for some time.
- Add mustard seeds(raai) in the same.
- As soon as it starts to crackle, add jeera, methi seeds(fenugreek seeds) .Let it fry for some time .
- Add ginger garlic paste. Mix it well with the masalas. Cook it for some time .
- Now add the curd mixture into it that we had prepared earlier.
- The gas flame should be on low/medium. Now there has been cooked enough. Let it boil for some time
- Keep on stirring on low/medium flame .
- let it cook for around 3-4 mins on low/medium flame.
PREPARATION FOR TADKA:
I am heating oil in a seperate pan. As soon as it is heated, add red chilly powder. Let it cook for some time .switch Off the gas flame and pour it over your cooked kadhi. It will give a nice flavour to your kadhi.
Now add the pakodas that we had prepared earlier. These we had fried earlier and kept aside. It looks so nice and texture is so good .Also add some slit green chillies .Mix it well .Let it cook for some more time .For around 2-3 mins. Do not overcook it else pakodas(bhajiyas) will start to break. Then switch off the gas flame .Do not boil it too much else they will start to break .
You can enjoy it with some hot rice. You will surely enjoy it. I hope you liked this recipe.